The New Way to Get Lots More Customers Fast!
More and more, your prospects are turning to the Internet to locate businesses in their own backyard. In fact, according to a Piper Jaffray 2008 research paper, 30 percent of all search engine queries contain a city, state or zip code. (and that was back in 2008!) Since then mobile has exploded!
With approximately 2.6 billion local searches performed each month, the Internet has now surpassed print Yellow Pages and newspapers as a primary source for local consumer service information and that trend is on the rise.
What Is Mobile Marketing Anyway?
As the term, “Mobile Marketing,” means different things to different people, let me tell you what it means to me and my firm.
To us, Mobile Marketing means to get your website or marketing message in front of your targeted audience via “mobile” devices like cell phones and iPad-type devices.
This can include sending “Mobile Coupons” or other marketing messages direct to your customer’s cell phones or ensuring that your website is “mobile friendly.”
In the sections to follow, we’ll take a closer look at Mobile Marketing and how you can incorporate it into your overall marketing plan.
Why You Should Care About Mobile Marketing
As I said in the Introduction, over 30% of all mobile internet searches are requests for local business information and this number is climbing.
However, even if you already knew that mobile marketing was on the rise, I bet these statistics will surprise you… they surprised me!
Here are some amazing stats concerning the “mobile marketing” trend:
- Google spent $750 million to acquire Admob, one of the largest advertising networks that specializes in delivering ads to mobile devices. (Apple also bid to acquire Admob and was outbid by Google. Shortly thereafter, they created their own mobile advertising platform, iAd)
- Apple now call themselves a Mobile company, not a Computer company anymore.
- Millions of websites have gone “Mobile Friendly” in their design.
- Mobile Facebook users have reached more than 600 million! That’s over 50% of their user base and it’s climbing rapidly!
- The “average” person is said to look at their mobile phone 37 times a day. (I think it’s more than that)
- The Mobile population is now 5x bigger than the Internet population (meaning you have a chance to get in front of a much larger audience)
- The “open rate” on text messages (aka SMS) is 5x higher than the open rate on emails. (while we are still big proponents of email marketing, it is easier to get your marketing messages seen when they are sent as text messages)Companies, both big and small, are investing their time and efforts into expanding the “mobile device” market and the more this occurs, the more opportunity you have to get in front of your targeted audience.Businesses know they can not ignore stats like this:
Where Do We Go From Here?If you’re ready to give mobile marketing a try and attract new business, we’d love to discuss your individual needs.To get started, click here to contact us where you can fill in a few basic details to help us generate a FREE Mobile Marketing Report based around your business.It will take around about 40 seconds of your time.Click here to contact us now!